Tuesday, December 21, 2010

So... last night I ended up having to close, even though I was scheduled to be off after the rush, due to someone not being able to work, which sucked because I sort of had plans last evening, but hell, the extra money I guess is worth it.  I'm kind of tired though of being one of the very few employees that are dependable, which means that I tend to cover the slack of others.  I feel obligated in a way, because my roommate was the other closer last night, and I wasn't going to let him get screwed over, but I'd much rather have done my own thing last night that I originally intended on doing.

Nothing like having my last 2 deliveries of the night, both of which were after the closing time of midnight not tip me at all.  By the way, if you're going to be a dumb drunk bastard and order pizza, you should assume that your food is coming soon and listen for the door to be knocked on.  It never fails.

I've been trying to be a better person overall lately, doing nice things for random strangers just to be nice, maybe its the December thing to do, I dunno.  I stopped at a Hardee's after a delivery the other night because I was starving, and the girl working the drive thru was friendly and joking around about where her pizza was and stuff like that.  Most of the time when people say "Where's my pizza?" it annoys the heck out of me, because they are either rude about it or just plain morons, as if they expect there to be a pizza oven in the back of my car.  However, she was friendly and joking around, and said if I headed back that way that she'd love a cheesy bread.

When I got back to the store, I saw that the delivery after the one I was about to take was headed back down by Hardee's, so I did something I have never done before, and may never do again:  I ordered a cheesy bread and had it made.  When I returned from the delivery, I took the cheesy bread with me as I went to the delivery and stopped at the drive-thru window.  I handed it to her, and she was genuinely surprised and happy.  I said to her "This is something I've never done, and I can't guarantee that I will ever do it again, but you were nice and friendly and made my evening better by making me laugh, so here you go.  Merry Christmas."

Nothing much else is going on lately with me, just had my last class until after the holiday break.  I have quite a lot of homework I need to work on that will keep me busy.  Each of my classes has a final project to do, so I figure the quicker I get started on them, the easier it will be at the end of the quarter. 

Well, I'm gonna go for now and watch The Professional.  Great movie with Jean Reno and Natalie Portman in one of her first roles ever.  Jean Reno plays a hitman named Leon and Natalie Portman plays his young neighbor Matilda who he takes in after a group of corrupt DEA agents (lead by Gary Oldman, one hell of a character actor in his own right) kills her family.  They develop a relationship and he helps her get her revenge.  Great movie, if you haven't seen it, watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment